Sunday, August 29, 2010

the Unnamed Blue-n-Apricot quilt

Funny ... there's always a backlog of "something", isn't there?  First I had a backlog of tops to piece .. tons of ideas floating around in my head and racing to get them made, one right after another.  Then I had a backlog of quilting to do .. I'm still working on that one.  Once the quilts get quilted, I need to make a web page for it .. another backlog!  And there's always the everyday life stuff to be done.

I suppose I could back off on what I want to create, leaving me more time for the ordinary things .. but where's the fun in that?  :-)


So, here's the next charity quilt I've completed (I'm so proud of me!) ... with the incredibly LAME title of "Unnamed Blue and Apricot" quilt. 

This is another quilt that started with a limited number of 'focus' blocks .. in this case, some 9-patches.  It was a very "interesting" journey to go from those 9-patch blocks to a finished quilt of the necessary size.  :-)

Since I was using stash *remnants*, I kept running out of fabric, which lead to some ... ummm.. creative opportunities. :-)

Get yourself a BIG beverage, possibly a snack, cuz the webpage for this quilt is longer than usual due to the sheer amount of incredibly inspirational verbage words that spew forth from my keyboard. :-)

And a ton of pictures, too.


For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the Unnamed Blue and Apricot quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment