|Pinwheel Frame top|
I discovered that I didn't have enough of the light background fabric to size up the smaller pinwheels to the bigger size, so I opted to put what I did have on the sides so at least one dimension was good. On the other side, I put a strip of red fabric ... allegedly to coordinate with the red background of the sports car print.
It would have looked better if I had just sewn a single red strip to the top & bottom ... but I didn't have enough of *that* either. ::sigh::
That didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Ah well.
Furthermore, after straightening the center focus fabric, *that* turned out to be too short for the space. aaarrghhh! I "lengthened" it by sewing on two strips to the top & bottom. And truthfully ... I was mentally tired to try and figure out a way to make it look as though the lengthening process was all part of the Grand Plan.
BUT ... the top is now done.
|leftover background fabric|
I can *now* honestly say to myself that I do NOT have any tops or pieces of tops that I need to work on at this point. I am NOT going to organize or straighten anything in the sewing room for abject fear of FINDING something. :-)
Tomorrow ... Lizzie gets a workout. Oh hallelujah! :-)