Saturday, August 21, 2010

YACQ: Pinwheel Frame

A refresher: YACQ = Yet Another Charity Quilt.  :-)

Pinwheel Frame top
The Pinwheel Frame top is now completed.  Not my best effort, but the best I could do with the fabric that I had.

I discovered that I didn't have enough of the light background fabric to size up the smaller pinwheels to the bigger size, so I opted to put what I did have on the sides so at least one dimension was good.  On the other side, I put a strip of red fabric ... allegedly to coordinate with the red background of the sports car print. 

It would have looked better if I had just sewn a single red strip to the top & bottom ... but I didn't have enough of *that* either.  ::sigh::

That didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.  Ah well.

Furthermore, after straightening the center focus fabric, *that* turned out to be too short for the space.  aaarrghhh!  I "lengthened" it by sewing on two strips to the top & bottom.  And truthfully ... I was mentally tired to try and figure out a way to make it look as though the lengthening process was all part of the Grand Plan. 

BUT ... the top is now done.

leftover background fabric
And more importantly  .... oh ring the bells and light the fireworks  .... there are NO MORE 4-patches and no more pinwheels!!  Wooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo!   :-)  :-)

I can *now* honestly say to myself that I do NOT have any tops or pieces of tops that I need to work on at this point.  I am NOT going to organize or straighten anything in the sewing room for abject fear of FINDING something.  :-)

Tomorrow ... Lizzie gets a workout.   Oh hallelujah!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment