|4-patch star top|
Due to the size of the 4-patch sub-unit, the finished block is HUGE ... 15"!!
It occurred to me that if I put the 6 of them together and added of a patchwork border, the resultant top would be larger than the minimum size necessary for toddler quilts for the charity that I help support.
I'm rather pleased with the result. I can envision some interesting quilting designs in the squares that resulted when the star blocks were put together.
Because the Flying Geese blocks were substantial (8" by 4-1/2"), I didn't want to "waste" the triangles that were cut off when the Flying Geese block was formed.
I simply sewed another seam 1/2" away from the original Flying Geese seam to create a bonus half-square triangle.
|pinwheels from bonus HST block|
Good grief ... it just never ends!
|25 more hand-pieced 4-patch blocks|