Sunday, January 20, 2013

Snakes! Slithery Snakes!


Now before y'all start muttering to yourselves that it sure seems as though I am producing A LOT OF QUILTS these days, let me make this perfectly clear .... not true.  I am making a lot of WEBPAGES these days!

You see, all of the recently posted quilts (and the ones to come in the near future) were all pieced, quilted and bound *LAST YEAR*.  I just never made the accompanying webpage to share the quilt.

Yes, I am a lamer. :-)

So... for this quilt .. Slithery Snakes ...

One of Mr. Pirate's nieces was about to have her first baby.  Well, kinda/sorta about to.  It was March when I found out and June when the baby was born so instead of making a baby quilt to catch up with the baby, I was able to make the quilt ahead of time!

Since we knew the baby was going to be a boy, I could make a  "boy" quilt.  What is more "boy" than snakes?  :-)

Here we have 3 columns of intertwined snakes surrounded by a border of alligators.


I used a pantograph called "Rain", designed by Lisa Calle.


Those pictures are just teasers! For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the Slithery Snakes quilt.





No comments:

Post a Comment