Tuesday, January 22, 2013

At the end of the list! The last two webpages!


I can hardly stand the excitement!  I can't believe that I've actually finished the backlog of webpages!  Although it's only been about 2 weeks, it seems as though it has been FOREVER that I've been working pages for my quilted things.

So, let's get to it ...

Last Autumn, I was commissioned to make two throw pillows to coordinate with a *hand-quilted* king-size quilt.  No, I did not quilt the quilt; I don't do hand-quilting.  (or at least, I do it under extreme duress).

I made the two, an 18" knife-edge throw pillow, whose layout duplicates the blocks in the quilt, although the quilting I did on the pillow is different from that of the quilt.

A second, 14" knife-edge pillow was made to compliment the bigger pillow and the quilt.

The focus of both pillows is the hand-embroidered center.

That picture is just a teaser! For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the two throw pillows

AND THEN ... drum roll, please!!!   ... the last item on the list!  The last backlogged webpage!   Wooo hooo!!!

This one is so simple, so easy that I'm glad I made them.  It reinforced to me that a very satisfying quilt does NOT need to be big nor fancy nor custom quilted.

It can be as simple a single piece of yardage.  For many reasons, this was one of the most satisfying quilts that I've made.  I call them "whole cloth" quilts .... not because they are reminiscent of the incredible quilting in the whole cloth quilts that we normally think of .. but because they both were made of one whole piece of yardage.

For two very special boys.

That picture is just a teaser! For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the Whole Cloth quilt.


And now, with the publication of the last of the backlogged webpages, I can finally return to quilting!   I can continue working from the List of 17 Tops to be Quilted.   Yes, this is another backlog list.  ::sigh::  I honestly look forward to the time where I can piece a quilt, quilt a quilt and publish a page.  In that order.  For every quilt.

Hope springs eternal. :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment