Monday, January 21, 2013

How about a Friendship Braid?


I think I can see the end of the list of webpages to make!  Oh hooray!  :-)

This Friendship Braid was another attempt at stash management.  The braid was constructed with half-hexagon pieces and is one of the easiest techniques I've used.  Even a beginning quilter would be able to make this braid with her eyes shut. :-)

I used one of Darlene Epp's designs from her "Pocket Guide to Free-handing: Borders & Sashings" for the yellow sashing.  A variation of a design I found "someplace" was used on the braid portion.  Stitch in the ditch stabilizes *everything*.

While the top was pieced in July 2012, the quilting waited until early January 2013.

If you wander on over to the webpage, you'll find links to the Missouri Star Quilting Company video on making the half-hexie braid, to Darlene Epp's wonderful books and lots of pictures!

Those pictures are just teasers! For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the Friendship Braid: half-hexies quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment