Thursday, July 01, 2010

YACQ: the Big Banana quilt :-)

Another crisis nursery quilt has been quilted and finished from a top that was pieced a while ago!  I'm pleased to say that I'm whittling that pile down.  (I might even get to rediscovering the king-sized tops that I've been procrastinating over.)

This one is made with Bear Claw blocks, alternating with plain fabric squares.  The sashing between the blocks has contrast squares at the intersections.  Everything is surrounded by the most awesome big banana print fabric!



How can you NOT smile when looking at those big bananas?  :-)




I did free motion quilting of flowers in the border, curly-swirlies in the sashing and used templates for a Baptist Fan in the Bear Claw blocks.

I used the last remnant of a tie-dye fabric as part of the backing ... talk about flashbacks to the psychotic 60's! 







For all the gory details, links and more verbage, please visit my web page for the Big Banana quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment