The Sawtooth Stars blocks came from a circa-2000 swap on the Quilting Forum when it was on Delphi (it since moved to About.com). Sadly, the blocks from that swap varied in size; I think people didn't read the directions correctly because half of the blocks were 8" finished and half were 7-1/2" finished. And, what's even sadder is that many of the star points were clipped. :-( I'm pretty sure that's one reason why I put all the blocks away .. there was really no way I could resurrect them.
I alternated the Star blocks with plain fabric blocks. The pieced border is equilateral triangle blocks, made from the *neatest* ruler set that I bought YEARS ago and only recently rediscovered. :-)
I quilted a swirly-curly design in the blue borders, a continuous curve in the equilateral triangles and a pantograph just in the middle.
Once again, I did the pantograph from the front of Lizzie and although I can't make as many passes from the front as from the back, I feel much more confident about where the design is going, *especially* since it is strictly in the middle section of the quilt.
Remember .. these blog pages are just a tease to whet your appetite and prompt you to see ALL the verbage, etc on my webpage. :-)
|For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the Stawtooth Star #1 quilt.|
Yes, there actually IS a Sawtooth Star #2, but it hasn't been quilted yet. :-)
Be patient, young grasshopper.