Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jelly Parfait finished! whoop! whoop!

Oh hallelujah!  Let's stick a fork in it cuz it's done!

I pieced the top in April 2011 but just now got the quilting done.   I'm really quite pleased with my quilting efforts on this one.  Not particularly fancy, difficult or challenging but dang!  I like it!  :-)

I have String of Beads in the sashing, feathers in the big triangle areas, continuous curves in the pieced triangles and Carla Barrett's "Berry Swirl" in the outer border.   I figure it took me about 10 to 10-1/2 hours to quilt.

I have a webpage that talks in detail about the piecing journey and the quilting process, as well as lots of eye-candy pictures.


That picture is just a teaser! For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the Jelly Parfait quilt.

Next up? Start working on my list of *17* tops to be quilted. Oy vey! ¡Ay Carumba! I have a LOT of quilting lined up for myself in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment