Thursday, December 22, 2011

Chicken placemats ... and a center mat .. and coasters. Oh my!

This past September, Tom and I went for a sojourn through Arizona.  At one of the places we passed through, we stopped at a quilt store.  (Tom has a GPS that lists every single quilt store in the US.  He looks for them to stop at when we go on trips.  :-)  )

The quilt store had printed squares of chickens.  When we go on trips, one of our dear neighbors comes over to care for our "livestock".  She loves it.

As a thank-you, I made wedge-shaped placemats for her round dining table, using those chicken squares as the focus.











To fill up the empty space in the center of the table, I made a circular mat with a Mariner's Compass design. 

These items were given to her shortly after we returned home.  She loved them.  :-)





Here's the warning .... Angie ..and you know who you are ... I don't think you read my blog but JUST IN CASE YOU DO ...

... STOP READING NOW..
I'm not kidding. Go read something else. :-)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
However, it occurred to me that, as a Christmas gift, I could make coordinating coasters!  Fortunately, I still had the fabric that I had used for the placemats.  :-)














I didn't have a small enough box to wrap them in, so I made my own fabric gift bag. :-)




Those pictures are just teasers! For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the Chicken Placemats.

No comments:

Post a Comment