I remembered that I had a machine embroidery design for a Tooth Fairy Pillow, so I made it up for the youngster.
The design is from Teri of www.sewterific.com and can be obtained at http://www.sewterific.com/ToothFairyPillow.htm
I used a cutaway stabilizer in the hoop, *pinned* the fleece to the stabilizer and then put thin Solvy as a topper. Note that the fleece and the Solvy were *not* hooped ... too bulky. I have pinned many, many, many projects to the hooped stabilizer with much success. This certainly eliminates any hoop burn. The hooped cutaway stabilizer worked outstandingly ... plus the design is just fantastically digitized. All the pieces of the angel butted up against each other so perfectly .. no gaps or distortion. I was very, very pleased with the outcome.
The appliqued rounded corner pocket that I used came from another design (source unknown). I used sparkle tulle for the pocket so the Tooth Fairy can see the tooth. :-)
I used a mottled fleece for the pillow (both front and back). To make construction easier for me, I simply pinked the edges of the exposed seam allowance. It's been my experience that a conventional pillow (one that is turned inside out so the seams are in the inside) results in a rather bulky edge because the fleece seam allowances just do NOT play nicely.
It goes off in the mail today.