Thursday, December 22, 2011

Teacups and Desserts

This is another long-time UFO that has languished in my To Do pile since August 2010.

The pattern is "Take 5" by The Teachers Pet and is a VERY easy pattern to do:  5 different fabrics, 1 block,

*I* made it more difficult by choosing 2 fabrics that I wanted to fussy cut to highlight them properly. :-)

In early December 2011, I was between customer quilts and decided that since I was in a longarm quilting mood, I would load up this top and get it quilted.

I'm so glad I did!  It's wonderful to be able to cross a project off the list as "finished"! :-)

The outer border looks to be a bunch of narrow stripes, doesn't it?  Well ... I fooled you good!  It's really a floral border stripe.  The brown inner border really *is* a separate piece of fabric.

The border stripe was stitched so that it appears to be separate pieces of fabric; the brown border was stitched in a rope design that is a continuous line.  For that rope design, I used Deloa Jones' Rope-a-Dope template.  The template made it VERY easy to stitch and it came out looking so wonderful.

I did continuous curves in the "solid" squares and outline stitched the teacups and dessert images.

These photos are just teasers! For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the Teacups and Desserts quilt.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you've put this together - breaking up the rectangles into parts so that you break up the building blocks look, if you know what I mean. The border is an interesting idea too. Very attractive.