Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A client's Angel quilt

Judy is a wonderful friend of mine.  She made a top for a friend of hers and I got the opportunity to quilt it.  Judy didn't want it over-quilted but preferred something on the lighter side.  This is really good because, at this point in my longarm experience, hyper-quilting isn't in my vocabulary. :-)

After auditioning several designs in different areas, we finalized a leafy column in the borders, a swirly-curly in the narrow inner border, a flower meander in the strip set blocks and a leafy meander in the print blocks.

I was happy with the quilting, even after discovering a strip in a strip set block went unquilted (oops ... that got fixed!).  I was able to achieve a uniform density and texture.  I think the quilt looks good from both the front and the back!







For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for Judy's Angel quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment