Monday, August 19, 2013

OInk-a-Doodle-Moo quilt is done and delivered!



But not without considerable DRAMA during the construction process.  And it was all because *arithmetic* doesn't work correctly.  I'm sure that was the cause.

In any case, the quilt was finished and even gift-wrapped BEFORE the baby shower .... usually I'm doing some last minute sewing of the binding in the car en route.

The expectant Mom seemed to be pleased with the home-made quilt.  She even mentioned the baby quilt that  I had made for *her*, 20 years ago.  I was extraordinarily pleased that her quilt had been saved all these years.  In fact, when I was looking at her quilt, I could see that it had been *used* during her growing up years because there was definite wear showing ... like some seams had come undone.  Honestly, I wanted to fix them right there at the baby shower!

But, back to the new baby quilt ... I've written about the trials and tribulations and shenanigans that occurred whilst I was making this quilt.  It seems only right that I disclose all the dirty laundry (so to speak) so that y'all don't have the impression that all quilts come together magically.


That picture is just a teaser! For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the Oink-a-Doodle-Moo quilt.



1 comment:

  1. I went over and read the other post, in the end it will be loved and cherished and that is what matters!

    ReplyDelete