Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pirate's "Little Shoppe of Goodies"

I've created a new page ... it's on the top, right above the date of the latest post.  It's labeled "Little Shoppe of Goodies" and that's where I am going to list items I have for sale.

Right now, there are a bunch of books listed ... quilting, embroidery, sewing, history .. both softback and hardbound.  I have *SO MANY* books, magazines and patterns that even if I live past all human expectancy, I will never, ever use these resources.  So, I'm giving YOU the opportunity to have them.

Gosh, aren't I generous?  :-)

In the future, I may list surplus fabric from my stash or even quilts that I've made ... but I haven't made my mind up about those items just yet.

Although I have looked at these books and admired them greatly, I haven't actually used any of them.  The insides of all the books are in pristine condition although the outer edges of the covers and/or pages may have minimal shelf wear.

There are a couple of books that I'd like to bring to your attention, simply because they are unusual or I know the author is highly regarded:

* Plain & Fancy: American Women and Their Needlework, 1700-1850 by Susan Burrows Swan.   This is a historic telling of the social history of women and the evolution of stitchery.  More than 150 photographs and illustrations.  Price: $5.00

* Patchwork Puzzle Balls by Jinny Beyer.  These are delightful soft, perfectly round 'grab' balls suitable for indoor play, decorative accents, holiday ornaments, baby toys or stress balls.  Nine fast, easy patterns and 4 challenge patterns.  These balls require only basic sewing skills; no math!  If nothing else, the photography is exquisite.  Price:     $6.00

* Civil War Women: Their Quilts, Their Roles, Activities for Re-Enactors by Barbara Brackman
Price:     $17.00

* The Art of Machine Piecing by Sally Collins.  Sally is the MASTER of miniature piecing.  I've seen her quilts up close and personal.  They are AMAZING.  This book has patterns for 49 traditional blocks in 3", 4" and 6" sizes.  There are instructions for making a sampler quilt from all 49 blocks.  If you like miniatures or want to learn how to perfectly piece miniatures, then this book is for you.  Price:     $15.00

* Start Quilting with Alex Anderson: Six Projects for First-Time Quilters, 2nd Edition.  Are you just starting out?  Or do you know someone who is?  Alex Anderson is one of the BEST teachers and this book will get you started on the right foot.  Price:     $2.50

* Artful Applique: The Easy Way by Jane Townswick.  Do you like applique?  This book gives detailed, step by step instructions for 16 gorgeous 9" blocks of flowers, birds, leaves, wreaths and vines.  Instructions for appliqueing points, curves, narrow stems & vines.  Price:     $6.50

There are many other books that are extremely inexpensive.   All of them are nifty. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment