Friday, August 02, 2019

Deco Garden block: bonus block 41 - Blue Bubble Flower


bonus block 41: Blue Bubble Flower
I've not been quilting so much these days. 

Another passion of mine is genealogy, both my family and my husband's.  Over the past years, decades for some family lines, I've been doing research into the ancestors.  Some have been easy to find and others still remain elusive.

Much of my time lately has been diligently working on my husband's maternal grandmother's line.  I had hit a major mental road block for a while.  I knew that the longer I stayed away from the album, the longer it was going to take me to finish it.  So, I finally pull up my big girl panties, put my nose to the grindstone and just plugged away.


And hooray!  That family album is done!  woo hoo!

Which meant that I could now, with a clear conscious, return to my other passion: sewing.  Specifically working on my Deco Garden blocks.

After weeks of just sitting there, being all lonely, I was able to get back and finish the block.

I might take another break from the flower blocks because I'm waaaaay behind in the border blocks.  I had originally thought I would do maybe 5 border blocks to every flower block I needed to do so that I would come out even in the end ... with neither a whole lot of border blocks or a whole lot of flower blocks to do.

But, that didn't work as planned.  Such is life, ya know?


3 comments:

  1. Life happens and enjoy the time away from the needle especially if it is fun.
    The dark background on the blocks really shows off the colours, so looking forward to the next pics - but no pressure! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block! Genealogy is very addictive and fun. It's worthy of your time .. away from quilting. Can't wait to see the other blocks as they come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. click for more

    ReplyDelete