Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Stash Busting Stars: half-star #3

Yup, here it is, in all its glory ... the next completed half-star!

This makes #3 of 8.

If you count the fabrics from the center outwards,
#1 is the blue diamonds
#2 is a pink floral
#3 is a pink/green print
#4 is the green



Fabrics #2 and #3 were 'donation' fabrics, in that they were given to me by a quilter who was purging her stash.  They are perfectly good fabrics; the prints are simply something that I wouldn't have normally chosen for myself.

But, this project has been pushing me to consider fabrics that I wouldn't ordinarily use.  Fabric #2 is actually rather old-fashioned looking, where as fabric #3 is VERY VERY busy.  I really can't even describe the over all impact of fabric #3.  :-)

But, together?  I actually think they work rather nicely.  I'm sure that's a metaphor for something in life. :-)

Work on half-star #4 is progressing onwards.

As I was rummaging through my fabric bins for something else, I came across a dark hued striped fabric.  In keeping with using fabrics that are a tad outside my limits, I decided that it would be a good candidate as an anchor fabric for a half-star.  It has enough other colors for coordination.  We'll see how that one turns out. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment