Thursday, October 01, 2015

Sheep in the Meadow


"Sheep in the Meadow" is a pattern designed by Deonn Stott and appeared in the May/June 2014 issue of Quiltmaker magazine.  I came across it just last month when I needed to make a baby quilt for a cousin.

I used 3" (along the side) hexagons, which resulted in a small top, so I added 2 fabric borders to bring up to acceptable size.

This quilt is Just SOOOOO Cute!   The ears and legs are floppy, free-swinging appendages; the eyes are double layered appliqued circles ..and don't forget the yo-yo's on the sheep's forehead!  The flowers in the meadow are double layer fabric origami and add just the right amount of texture to the quilt.


That was just a teaser for you! Please wander on over to Sheep in the Meadow for more, detailed pictures and verbiage.


2 comments:

  1. I am so making this quilt!!!!! I just love this and it is just what I have been looking for to make for my new grandniece. I love your version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so adorable! Love it with the borders too. It's sure to please your cousin!

    ReplyDelete