I am exceedingly happy to be able to show you guys my recently finished project, "String of Pots". This was a pattern and fabrics I bought in Sedona last year, when Mr. Pirate & I did a road trip there.
I don't normally do a lot of wall-hangings these days, as I have plumb run out of wall space (and I don't want to rotate my stock because *I like what I have hanging there!*) but this pattern was very attractive and I thought I'd actually have a fighting chance of getting it finished "soon-ish".
I was partially correct. :-)
I pieced the top shortly after returning home but there it sat, waiting patiently. It wasn't until now, over a year later, that I finally quilted it.
Also unusual for me, I did a very dense background fill. This was a calculated move so that the appliqued pots would have a tendency to "puff" out. I could have done a faux trapunto effect for more puffiness, but I didn't.
The pots were done with needleturn applique and have hand-embroidered hanging strings and accents.
I'm rather pleased with the final effect.
|Those pictures are just teasers! For all the gory details, links and lots more pictures, please visit my web page for the String of Pots quilt.|