Monday, September 24, 2012

A new sewing project: the Jordy tote bag

Two items for this entry ...
1. There are now 2, count 'em TWO, tabs at the top of the blog!  I've created a new, second tab that is a page for a slide show of the quilts I've done.  I like the idea of you, The Viewer, having the ability to look at the quilts in this manner. 

There are 155 images.  Since I know I have done almost 200 quilt, this means that I'm missing a few.  ::sigh:: There's another project ... see which quilts are in the slide show and which ones are not .. then add the missing ones to the slide show.

There's no text to go with the images; it's just the pictures.  They are in no particular order.  If you want to read all the gory details, you still need to visit the website, Dread Pirate Rodgers.  From there, click on the "I love to quilt" link.  :-)

Having said that, I'm not 100% enthralled with this particular slide show.  I'll be looking around for a potential replacement.  Sometime.  :-)

2. Just because I've said that I really, *really*, REALLY need to get a whole bunch of tops quilted and finished AND just because I have a top already loaded onto Lizzie with some quilting done doesn't mean that I can't be distracted into a completely different project.  :-)

 The middle Pirate daughter requested a tote bag of a specific size.  I allowed myself to procrastinate on the quilting to make the tote bag.  It didn't take too long to make, even with the various customizations and back-tracking due to the fact that SOMEONE might have sewn something (or two somethings) incorrectly  ::ahem::

But, the tote bag is now finished and ready to be mailed.

And it's time to return to Lizzie and resume that quilting!  :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment