Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I was *THISCLOSE* ...

... to making the deadline.  But ::sigh:: events conspired against me and I missed it.

And what was it that I missed?  Well, for 2 weeks, starting this past April 2nd, Megan of Canoe Ridge Creations announced that she was starting a  "Festival of Half-Square Triangles". On April 2, 2012, there would be a series of quilting blogs to visit. Each blog would present a project using Half Square Triangles. After the second week, quilters would link up their Half Square Triangle projects (subject to the appropriate rules). Winners would be picked from the projects submitted and the Fat Quarter Shop would award some very nice prizes.

As it turned out, it was the LAST project presented on the LAST day that caught my interest.  It was a very interesting geometric design by Katy Jones of Monkey Do, which was made into a ginormous 24" throw pillow using just one humungous quilt block.

Instead of making a pillow, I decided to make a quilt .... mainly because I had a LOT of half square triangles leftover from a previous project.  I figured that a quilt just might use them up and then I wouldn't have to look at them any longer.  Voilà ... "Ninja Throwing Stars" quilt was created!


I actually was able to piece the top completely in about 25 hours, spread out over 1 week.  I had 2 days to do the quilting, but since I was using a pantograph, I figured I wouldn't have any problems.

HAH!

If you ever want to hear God laugh, just tell Him of your plans.  :-)   I *almost* got the quilting done on Saturday but didn't.  I *did* get it finished the next day, as well as finishing up the rest of the quilt .. squaring it up, binding it AND making a webpage for it.  BUT ... the deadline passed me by and when I was ready to blog about it .... the linky part of the Festival was closed.  ::sigh::

¡Qué lástima!    ¡Qué mala suerte!



That picture is just a teaser! For all the gory details, links and more pictures, please visit my web page for the Ninja Throwing Stars quilt.

1 comment:

  1. I just never plan anymore finding flying by the seat of my pants works well!

    ReplyDelete