Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Oh My Stars! quilt along ... last of the sectionals

In a late night brilliant burst of speed and perseverance, I have FINISHED construction of all 8 sections for the Oh My Stars! quilt along.    Wowsers .. I thought it would never end!  :-)

I present to you, section 6 (green)   

[The colors that I am referencing are the colors of the sections on the Layout Diagram (shown to y'all in a previous post).]













 
and section 7 (turquoise)   It turned out that I was one small 4" block short, so I made a basic Sawtooth star to fill the gap. 

When I finished sewing all the sub-sections together and compared what I had just completed with the layout diagram, I realized something was amiss.  Inspecting and comparing the actual with the drawn layouts, I discovered that ... ::sigh::  I had sewn one entire section upside down! 

Now, in reality, with all the different size stars and all the different fabrics that I have used, NO ONE is going to realize that one sub-section is upside down.  And it probably wouldn't even matter in the Grand Scheme of Things.  But .. dang!  .. it bothered me! 

So, I ripped out the loooong offensive seam, turned the section right side up and re-sewed the sections together.  Whew!  I can't tell you how much better that made me feel!   (I'm sure the sub-section feels better also.)


and section 8 (blue).

And with that, I'm off to bed.  I'm reading a murder mystery book and if I'm able to keep my eyeballs open, I can read a chapter in order to advance the story!  I really dislike leaving the characters in limbo.

Tomorrow: sew the sections together to create The Top.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment